Monday, January 18, 2010

What's that white stuff on the ground?






It's been a long time since I've been in the snow. My only memories of trees with white on them are when we had white fly in our backyard and Grandma's fake tree that was white. It was a shock to see that snow actually stayed on the trees. The other day I was walking to class and all of the sudden I had snow all over me, the wind  had blown it off the branch above me just as I walked under it. My roommate and I had hot dogs last week and we went outside to grill them. We had a lot of fun (and frustration) trying to get the fire started (we had to use lighter fluid to get the fire going).

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Hope you are enjoying living in snow country - for awhile (ha). We don't even grill at home in the winter - maybe we should give it a go when it's not raining! Hope your hot dog was good.

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Looks like fun! Enjoy the snow!

Tamara Robertson Turner said...

I always have trouble getting the grill lit, too.

I love how serene everything is just after a snowfall. When I was at Ricks, I worked early in the morning and was one of the first to see the snow (without muddy footprints, etc.) So beautiful!

Grammyzanne said...

Grilling hot dogs in the snow; now that is something to remember.

Anonymous said...

yea, it was a lot of fun, a little cold though. I'm still enjoying the snow and my friends can't figure out why :-}