Tuesday, June 30, 2009

First time for everything

I got my first job as a substitute SECA (special education classroom assistant) with the elementary and middle school district and worked the last two days of the school year. I had a blast playing with the kids, because that is exactly what I did.

My first day of work I walked in and was trying to find my way around Montgomery. The lady in the office could not believe that I was fresh out of high school and thought that I was at least out of college. She got one of the kids to show me the way to the classroom I was to go to.

There I was minding my own business when who walked into the classroom an hour into the day, but one of my friends. The crazy thing is that I woke up that morning thinking about her. That morning I thought, wow, we really set Steph up for a hard Senior year, we should have made her hang out with more people that were NOT seniors this year, and then there she was in the classroom where I was working.

And now I wait for the new school year to start.

No comments: